Friday, January 20, 2017

Great Moments in Editing and Signage


Today is January 20th, and here in the United States it's Inauguration Day - the day on which we ceremonially transfer power and authority from the outgoing president to the incoming one. This year, the pomp and ceremony of the inauguration is likely to be overshadowed by raucous demonstrations both for and against Donald Trump's assumption of the office once held by the likes of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Franklin Roosevelt, and Dwight Eisenhower. It's going to be a heck of a day.

Today is also the alternate Friday we dedicate to Great Moments in Editing and Signage, and I thought it might be appropriate to honor the incoming administration with a collection of editorial and signage wonders on a common theme ...

Yes, we're preparing for a magical invasion, as the GOP prepares to show us how they'll build a wall, fix the infrastructure, repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act, remove restrictions on silencers, and ensure religious freedom for those who practice the right religion ...


I'm not sure it would be considered an actual highlight, but ...


I missed out on this when I had my colonoscopy a few weeks ago ...


I think this counts as too much sharing ...


I'm curious to know how this would work ... but not curious enough to try it ...


You'd have thought they could have found a better picture ...


In whose opinion?


Nice to know ...


I think that if I tried to use this as a Valentine's gift, it could be ugly ...


Must have been a very close game ...


And there you have it - your Inauguration Day special edition of Great Moments in Editing and Signage. Don't thank me ... I think we all needed a gut check today, as we step gingerly into the new era of Trump.

Have a good day. Come back tomorrow for Cartoon Saturday - more thoughts then.

Bilbo

5 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Does a gut check mean the pleasure? of colonoscopy.

John A Hill said...

A gut check, indeed!

Mike said...

It's fun to wake up in the middle of a colonoscopy and watch your insides on the video monitor.

Big Sky Heidi said...

Colon hydrotherapy? No thanks!

allenwoodhaven said...

Say Ahhhh and the drive thru made me laugh then shake my head and say what were they they thinking?
I always enjoy "the alternate Friday"!