Friday, April 29, 2016

Great Moments in Editing and Signage


We're down to the last Friday in April, and it's time to roll out another set of Great Moments in Editing and Signage. Yes, I've changed the name of this recurring post in order to make it more accurate. I don't need any truth-in-advertising lawsuits ...

As advertising tag lines go, I guess it's effective ...


Perhaps not the best choice of names for the restaurant on the right ...


I don't think I'd go out of my way to visit, but that's just me ...


I'm not sure this is necessarily the best angle for an ad, but ...


Accurate, yes. Unfortunate titling, also yes ...


Well, yes, I guess it's an all-American pastime ...


Perhaps she might have done better to object anonymously ...


No sense in wasting time, and in not maximizing ad space ...


As it happens, I have a close friend who is a forensic pathologist (yes, Bakr, it's you!) who actually does have a bookcase made out of a traditional wooden coffin. I think it's a better use than a picnic table, but I'm sure Dethany would approve of it ...


Now, that's truth in advertising ...


And there you have it - the last collection of editorial and signage gems for the fast-departing month of April. If you run across any others, send me a scan, a copy, or a photo and get a shout when I use it in the future!

Have a good day, and come back tomorrow for Cartoon Saturday. More thoughts then.

Bilbo

2 comments:

Mike said...

The oil change place makes me think that might be a new job search method. Scanning the obits.

allenwoodhaven said...

The Atwood sign made me really laugh. A stellar collection!