Wednesday, January 13, 2016

House for Sale


Long-time readers may remember that one of my dreams is to live in a Really Big House. I wrote on the topic twice before: in 2009, when I pointed out that my dream of a Really Big House was limited by budgetary restraints which narrowed my selection to homes like this one:


... and again in 2012, when I told you about a magnificent, huge model home we'd visited that was pretty much everything I'd ever wanted:


But now this is on the market:


Yes, Dear Readers, the iconic 21,987 square foot Tudor-Gothic Playboy Mansion is up for sale, for a mere $200 million! It comes complete with it's own private zoo license, swimming pool, "game house," guest house, underground swimming grotto, movie theater, and ... well ... an elderly tenant. A condition of the sale is that the current owner, Playboy geezer emeritus Hugh Hefner, be permitted to stay in residence for the rest of his life. 

Now, I could see myself living in a 22-room mansion. Of course, housecleaning and gardening would be an issue, and chances are that Agnes wouldn't be very understanding about the tenant's wild parties featuring scantily-clad young maidens. But the guy is almost 90 years old now, and he won't be around forever, right?

I wonder if he'd leave the ladies. Or maybe just a few of them. For the ambience, you know.

Have a good day. I'll let you know when the housewarming party is.

More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

8 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

What a house! It would require a staff to keep it clean and feed that horde of nubile or not-so-nubile maidens!

Insane Penguin said...

That's a deal!

Linda Kay said...

I heard that news a couple of days ago and wondered about leaving him in the house...no way! Good luck on finding your dream home, now that you will be retiring. Come on down to Texas!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

With your Powerball winnings you could buy this Bilbo. Not enough bleach in the world for me to clean that grotto or for that matter every inch of the place.

Gonzo Dave said...

You can have the house - well, except for a bedroom or two I'd like to rent. But let me have the garage, okay?

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

I'll bet Hef would keep on truckin'

Big Sky Heidi said...

I'd like to swim in the grotto.

Mike said...

For $200 million you could probably build a bigger house that that puny 23,000 sq ft mini mansion.