Monday, November 16, 2015

Musical Monday


Most of my favorite songs are from the genre often called "soft rock," but I also have favorites in a lot of other styles, to include comedy/satire (as you saw with Kid Creole's Endicott a few weeks back), rock, folk, R&B/soul, country, and others. In general, there's something I like in almost every genre except rap/hip-hop, which doesn't appeal to me in the least. Today's Musical Monday offering is a song from Grace Jones' album Warm Leatherette, and it's one of my favorites to hum at work ...



A bit salty on the language, but a song that can really speak to you, especially during election season.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

3 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

I never heard this before. Very effective! You definitely have surprising music rastes!

allenwoodhaven said...

I'd never heard of this song before. It's very expressive and I can easily see it catching on by the right audience!

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

It got my notice!