Monday, February 02, 2015

I Will Be Taking a Break from Blogging This Week


I want to take a moment to thank all of you who expressed your condolences over the past few days for the death of my father. Your comments posted to this blog, on Facebook, and in personal e-mails and notes were a source of comfort and solace in a difficult time.

As those of you who are my friends on Facebook already know, Agnes's father passed away this past Friday, the day we buried my father. I will be flying to Germany on Wednesday to attend his funeral, returning home with Agnes on Saturday.

With all of this, I find myself temporarily unable to concentrate and produce the sort of posts you have come to expect and ... hopefully ... enjoy, and in any case, I will not be able to count on regular Internet connectivity from Wednesday through Saturday. Therefore, I'll be taking a break from blogging until Monday, February 9th. I apologize for the interruption, but I don't think my heart and brain would be in it this week, even if I were here. If you're with me on Facebook, check there ... I'll try to post an occasional short note as I have the opportunity and the connectivity.

Have a good day and a great week, and I'll see you in this space again next Monday.

More thoughts then.

Bilbo

6 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Have a safe trip, Bilbo!

John A Hill said...

Travel safely.
Blessings to you and Agnes.

<><

Linda Kay said...

Please let Agnes know we are thinking of her. You just got to see your FIL, right? Losing two parents so close is tough. Be safe.

Mike said...

You need a break right now.

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Have a safe flight!

allenwoodhaven said...

Sorry for your loss Bilbo. Two deaths so close together has to be very hard. Take your time before returning. We'll be here, ready for any words you wish to share.