Saturday, September 06, 2014

Cartoon Saturday


Welcome to the first Cartoon Saturday for September, 2014!

I'm afraid that I don't have time this morning to do the usual news summary, but that's okay ... it's all bad anyhow. You won't miss much.

And though the news is not much better than it was last month, ol' Bilbo has the cartoons to help you forget about it for a while.

For this week's selection of theme cartoons, let's look at the general topic of food ...

When I was growing up, salt was ... well ... salt. Nowadays, when you go to any self-respecting gourmet store, they have a million different kinds of salt ...


Too much salt in your diet isn't usually a good thing, unless ...


There are also a lot of specialized fruits available ...


This one's for Gonzo Dave ...


I've eaten here ...


Okay, enough with the food cartoons. Let's move on to other things ... like how modern parents put their children to bed ...
  

It's all in how you look at the problem ...


A pretty obvious sight gag, actually ...


The definition of chutzpah ...


If Disney had filmed "The Little Mermaid" accurately ...


And there you have it - another Cartoon Saturday to help you cope with the bizarre world around you. No need to thank me ... it's all part of the service.

Have a good day. Come back tomorrow for Poetry Sunday.

More thoughts then.

Bilbo

9 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

A new way of looking at the salt of the Earth. NaCl never had it so good.

I think I would prefer the Disney version.

Duckbutt said...

Great take on the multi-armed goddess!

Banana Oil said...

There's even lite salt (potassium chloride).

Gonzo Dave said...

That's precisely why I don't eat alphabet soup!

Linda Kay said...

I can relate to the camera cartoon. Unfortunately, as a blogger, I now have my cell phone out to take pictures also!

allenwoodhaven said...

A great collection; thanks Bilbo!

Mike said...

The lettuce of 401Ks past.

Grand Crapaud said...

Lettuce now praise famous men, those worthy their NaCl.

Chuck the Grumpy Cat said...

Great cartoons!