Sunday, March 03, 2013

Yet More Great Moments in Editing


I'm tired of complaining about the ineptitude and uselessness of Congress. How about railing about the ineptitude and uselessness of some editors and proofreaders?

Looks like I've wasted all that money spent on deodorant over the years ...


I have a lot of cookbooks that contain a lot of recipes with oddly exotic ingredients, but I've never yet run across a recipe that calls for this ...


Or this ...


Sometimes the price is right, but the timing of the sale leaves something to be desired ...


How about some watermelon to go with that Chanukah ham ...


And in case you need something to drink with that, how about some nice fresh ... um ... orange-ish juice ...


The GOP is intent on eliminating the tsunami of voter fraud which they are sure is the only reason why anyone would vote for Democrats. I suspect this is another effort on that front ...


I just know there's a great backstory here, but I'm not sure I want to hear it ...


I'll be right back ... I'm calling the people at the Guinness Book of Records ...


And finally, I don't think there's anything I can say that will fix this one ...


Have a good day and enjoy the rest of your weekend. Congress comes back to "work" tomorrow ... let me know if you notice the difference.

More thoughts coming.

Bilbo

6 comments:

eViL pOp TaRt said...

In a pinch, could you substitute a Chinese crested or a toy Manchester?

When Congress is back, is the air heavier andparkig more difficult?

Great finds in editorial creativity!

John A Hill said...

We could furlough Congress, save the money and only the media would notice (since there'd be less stupidity coming from DC)

The Mistress of the Dark said...

At least this proves that there are people in the civilian world that are just as stupid as the numchucks in Congress.

Mike said...

I've never seen watermelon that cheap before. I'll take two.

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

I dont want to be so poor that I'd eat a cat!

Duckbutt said...

Body odor can be controlled by bathing. For Congresspersons I recommend dipping at the state line.