Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Still More Editorial Gems


Whenever I'm pressed for time or short of other ideas (and both conditions apply this morning, let me tell you), I can always fall back on my legions of helpers who generate wonderful bloopers in print. Today, we look at a few more selections from the Great Moments in Editing collection ...

I can't think of a good recipe for these ...


Great Caesar's ghost! ... I hope this was covered on the search warrant ...


No doubt the honoree hammed it up at the award ceremony ...


But what sort of future are we talking about? ...


One hopes that when the math lesson is over, the English instructor will arrive ...


Now, there's a ringing endorsement ...


Of all the events to be cancelled for "unforeseen circumstances" ...


It ought to be quite a wedding night, don't you think? ...


Yo-Yo who? ...


There are proficient counterfeiters and there are not-so-proficient counterfeiters ...


And that's it for today's edition of Great Moments in Editing. If you find any of these howlers, scan them and e-mail them to ol' Bilbo to share with the rest of the blogging world.

Oh, and happy First Day of Summer. We're celebrating the summer solstice here in Northern Virginia with temperatures in the 90s, a condition which will be aggravated by the fact that Congress is in session and generating the expected additional levels of hot air. With any luck, things may cool off a bit this evening, after the solstice actually arrives at 6:09 PM.

Have a good day. Stay cool and write well. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Its so odd to read about your first day of summer when we're getting right into the coldest part of our year here. I love winter!

eViL pOp TaRt said...

Ahhh....I really enjoyed that real estate broker's ad!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

You know what is funny about these misspelled ones? I can't spell a lick. I spell so poorly that MS Word can't figure out what I am trying to say. Yet I see the misspelling here. For some reason I find that funny. "And I'm not a douchebag!"

Duckbutt said...

The math tudar may be related to King Henry VIII and one of his girlfriends.

Banana Oil said...

Amish breasts? What kind of bra for them?

Bilbo said...

Amanda - I love winter, too. Except when I'm freezing my gazootie off ... then I love summer.

Angelique - quite the ringing endorsement, wasn't it?

Peggy - don't get me started on the topic of spelling. Nowadays, it seems the only spelling anyone is interested in is Tori.

Duck - or to an economy sedan.

Kathy - 100% pure cotton, no embroidery, no metal fasteners, and absolutely no strategically-placed cutouts.

Mike said...

If YoYo went to the bathroom that night they would be talking about YoYo MaMa's WeeWee.

Elvis Wearing a Bra on His Head said...

Do Amish wear bras at all?

I'm reassured that someone in real estate is not a douchebag.

allenwoodhaven said...

Gee, I just got a $1900 bill back in change from the $1995 bill I used to buy gas today. I guess I got a bad one!