Monday, July 11, 2011

How I Spent My Weekend

1. Took a last load of junk to the landfill. Decided that when I grow up, I want to be the guy who drives the huge front-end loader that picks up the loads of crushed junk and dumps it into the trucks to be taken away.

2. Spent two hours on Saturday being run ragged around a playground under the blazing sun by a hyperkinetic almost-four-year old with an amazing ability to invent games that involve Oma and Opa climbing around and doing things on jungle gyms that 60-year olds really aren't flexible enough to do.

3. During breaks in the frenetic activity described in #2 above, told stories (with sound effects) to the grandchild. Had to go back periodically and re-tell sections of the stories when Leya told me that I was doing it wrong. Had to think very quickly on my feet each time Agnes asked Leya, "Do you know the story of ______? Okay, Opa, tell the story!" ... and I had no clue what she was talking about.

4. Walked Nessa about 350 miles.

5. Finished power-washing the deck.

6. Pulled all the weeds in the front flower beds and the garden that could be seen on Google Earth.

7. Did a load of laundry. Just one. No sense in overdoing things.

8. Shook head in disgust over the behavior of elected reprehensives who are more interested in pandering to their political base than in actually fixing the economy and helping Real People.

9. Wondered why it is that hours on Saturday and Sunday are 65% shorter than equivalent hours on Monday through Friday.

10. Isn't that enough?

That's all for today. I need to get ready to head back to the salt mines for another week ... or may be it's my seat on the galley. It doesn't matter, though, and I'm not complaining - at least I have a job.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

4 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I'll do your laundry if you pull the weeds for me.

KathyA said...

Well I'm out of breath!

We're weeding cow grass out of our flower beds. The good news is that it comes out easily; the bad is that it's prolific!

Nessa must have been tired.

My fantasy job is to be the person with the orange batons -- the one who directs the planes in and out of parking spaces. I'd love to have the job!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I think your weekend was as much fun as mine. :-)

Mike said...

Uhh, I think somebody's trying to kill you off and collect your SS before you can.