Sunday, July 17, 2011

Even More Great Moments in Editing

I was going to follow up my post on spending cuts from last Friday with a post today on taxes, but I don't have the tax one quite ready yet. Thus, rather than coming off as half-baked, I'll go with quarter-baked and do something else instead. I hope to have the tax post ready for tomorrow. Who wants to think about taxes on the weekend, anyhow?

How about some more items from the "Great Moments in Editing" Collection? ...

From the unfortunate juxtapositions section comes this odd wedding announcement ...

I thought this one applied to a random member of Congress, except that there are 535 of them, and there's little chance of finding one that's competent ...

This one, however, actually does. Apply to a member of Congress, that is ...

Not the sort of snacks I'd buy, even on sale ...

And then there's the overspecialization in bathroom tissue (I'm not going to go with the obvious reference to Soylent Brown) ...

We can always count on the great state of Texas to lead the way on important social justice issues ...

I know that some old folk remedies can be effective, but you've got to draw the line someplace ...

I think it was Theodore Roosevelt who once said that when the roll is called in the Senate, the Senators don't know whether to answer present or not guilty ...

I think some money might be able to have been saved on this study. No, wait! It probably was...

And finally, from the Marquis de Sade's yard sale ...

And that, Dear Readers, is all for today. Enjoy what's left of your weekend.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

2 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

:) Thanks for the chuckles!

Mike said...

I think I ate some of those cheese hurls last night.