Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cartoon Saturday

As many as half a million people may have been killed in a massive earthquake that devastated the already-miserable nation of Haiti; evangelist Pat Robertson, demonstrating true Christian love and charity, says Haiti is paying for swearing a pact with the devil to gain freedom from France; banking giant J.P. Morgan Chase showed a last-quarter profit of over $3 billion, while its "compensation expenses" climbed 18% during the year to $26.9 billion, much of which is expected to paid out as as bonuses; United Airlines became the latest airline to impose fees on passengers for checked bags; and former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich has announced that he might run for president in 2012.

If it weren't for Cartoon Saturday, how would you make it?

Ever found anyone odd in your family tree...?

I always knew there was a relationship between the financial mismanagement industry and the fortune-telling industry...

Careers in crime offer more opportunities nowadays...

Don't you just love the people who come up with the latest management fads? I don't, either...

The health care industry is doing its part to help control the skyrocketing cost of medical services...

And finally, the truth about greenhouse gases...

It looks like we'll have nice weather today, as Mother Nature winds up for a day of cold rain tomorrow. At this point, I'll take what I can get.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

4 comments:

John A Hill said...

"evangelist Pat Robertson, demonstrating true Christian love..."

Seriously? How about "idiot Pat Robertson, who has no idea of what Christian love is..."

A g0od edition of Cartoon Saturday. Thanks for the weekly lift. As for the weather...it's January and you don't have to shovel rain! Enjoy.

Mike said...

I can't even remember how many new management fads I went through in 31 years at the phone company.

I remember one time a newbee came up and said, "Aren't you going to the presentation? It's required." I looked up and said, "Sign me in, will you?"

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I always feel better after seeing Cartoon Saturday, even if I don't get here until Sunday! Hope you are having a good weekend!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I think the managerment control with the sheep is so good.