Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cartoon Saturday

Walter Cronkite, "the most trusted man in America" and the most admired newsman of his (or any other) generation, has passed away; an Air Force jet with two crew members on board has gone down in Afghanistan; six people have been killed and at least 50 injured in the bombings of two hotels in Jakarta, Indonesia; anti-government protests continue in Iran where, according to a former Iranian president, the clerical leaders are losing the people's trust; the Iraqi government has sharply restricted the movement and activities of U.S. forces, leading to concern on the part of commanders about the safety of their troops; and Michael Jackson and Anna Nichole Smith are still dead.

What would you do without Cartoon Saturday?

I always have to laugh when I see young men so loaded down with gold chains, rings, grilles, earrings, piercings, and other flashy junk that they look like the wrecks of Spanish galleons. Don't they realize how stupid they look? I loved this twist on that image ...

I had wanted to use this cartoon as part of a set of two on a related topic, but - of course - I can't find the other one in my file. You may see this once again in the future when I find the other one...

This one just appeared this past week, and it had us all in stitches in the office. But then, we're easily amused...
Here's a good twist on an old adage ...

This one should have been here all those years ago when I was studying Greek mythology ...

And this one is for all you men out there who, like me, have wives who are seamstresses seriously into the selection of just the right material for their next project ...

We're dog-sitting this weekend with Nessa, our daughter's very large Chocolate Lab that can't seem to remember she's not a puppy any more. So I'm off once again for an energetic drag around the neighborhood in search of just the right place to poop...followed, no doubt, by hours of thrilling excitement tossing balls and frisbees for a dog with far more energy than brains.

She ought to be in Congress.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always thought that Keith Obermann was Walter Cronkite in drag.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

The resume one is just so surreal!

Mike said...

I like the china shop one. It's one of those that makes you go, wha... OH! HA!

Leslie David said...

I failed Home Ec, so the sewing/fabric thing doesn't mean anything to me.