Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cartoon Sat... uh ... Thursday

Hundreds of thousands of Iranians are still in the streets, protesting the evidently fraudulent reelection of President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad; the grim search for wreckage of Air France flight 447 continues in the Atlantic Ocean, and chances are that most of it will never be found; two Pennsylvania teenagers will go to jail (but not long enough) for beating a Mexican immigrant to death; as if nuclear weapons and general craziness weren't enough, it seems that North Korea is running a global insurance fraud scheme; and the summer storm season is hammering the midwest with tornadoes and heavy thunderstorms.

Fear not - Cartoon Saturday rides to your rescue! On Thursday, no less.

Yes, Cartoon Saturday is showing up two days early this week because, as I warned you yesterday, Agnes and I will be spending the next few days visiting our grandchildren (oh, yes ... and their parents, too) in Ohio, and chances are pretty good that I won't have my mind on things like blog posts. Go ahead and sue.

We start off this week with two cartoons that are nothing to sneeze at ...

and ...
What with Swine Flu (or H1N1, or whatever), it's a wonder anyone is willing to show up for anything anymore ...

A while back, Gilahi managed to get several days of posts out of the sheer joy of participating in the civic responsibility of jury duty. I don't think this was him ...

Yes, this gives a whole new meaning to the term, "Body Shop" ...

And finally, in honor of all you fathers out there ...

There's a chance I may be able to post tomorrow morning, but don't count on anything new here until Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. I hate to have to tell you that you're being trumped by the World's Most Adorable Grandchildren but, sadly, you are. But don't worry - I'll tell you all about it later.

To my fellow fathers - Happy Fathers' Day! And remember - anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a daddy.

Have a good day. More thoughts when we get back.

Bilbo

10 comments:

KKTSews said...

Have a great trip!

Gilahi said...

Thankfully, no, I wasn't the defendant. By the end of the ordeal, however, I was ready to climb up on a roof and start picking people off.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

I loved the sneezing ones :)

Mike said...

I hear they held the hypochondriac convention and the procrastinators convention at the same time to save money.

Leslie David said...

I'll miss you tomorrow night--hopefully we won't be as men-lite as we were last week. Have a great visit and Happy Father's Day.

Twinkie said...

your blog site is the BEST news site EVER!!! LOL I always catch headlines I normally would have missed when I read your blog! Hope you have a great weekend.

Amanda said...

Happy Belated Father's Day to you! Hope you had a good time with the grandkids.

Mrs. Geezerette said...

Hurry back. I'm exhibiting signs of Bilbo withdrawals. I need my Bilbo fix...and fast.

Melissa B. said...

Hope you had fun with the fam. Hosting an extended Sx3 today if you're within reach of a computer!

Reaganite Independent said...

Linked at RR:

'Friday Rule 5':  NOW Sharia-Compliant