Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cartoon Saturday

Toni Braxton was dropped from Dancing with the Stars instead of Cloris Leachman; there are still two weeks of inane campaigning to go before the election; Alan Greenspan has admitted that he just might have been wrong about the essential goodness and upright honesty of the markets; and Joe the Plumber should run off with the Hockey Mom, never to be seen again.

Yep. We still need Cartoon Saturday.

Rima wrote an ... um ... uplifting post the other day about living with her impressive - if not magnificent - superstructure, and tagged Mike to write about boobs or another body part of his choice. This ought to be interesting. This cartoon seemed appropriate, although I have been unable to confirm that Mike and Rima were the models.


I have a hard and knobby spot in the cobwebby depths of my heart for insurance companies. I found this cartoon not long after performing my guaranteed-to-get-the-toddler-laughing rendition of the story of The Three Little Pigs for my granddaughter...

Sad, but true...


I've eaten in places like this. With people like this.


And finally, from the department of That's Really Stupid, But Really Funny, comes an object lesson in picking your fights...

Oh, heck...how about a bonus cartoon? Poor Agnes is sick, and has been trying to sleep during the day. Unfortunately, it's election season, and her search for peace and quiet has been regularly interrupted by all the stupid, brainless robo-calls from desperate candidates. This is how things really ought to be...

Had Dante but known...

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That could be Mike but I'm only seeing a profile. The girl could be Claudia who is a lovely warm-hearted lady. They say opposites attract you know (just kidding Mike).
The caption: Is that a threat, promise, or come on. Let us know Mike.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Yay for cartoon saturday its most needed from this girl.

KKTSews said...

Actually, the caption should be "we've spent BILLIONS on spy satellites..."

And, living in Ohio during election season, I can wholeheartedly agree with the complaint about robo-calls. We have alerted close relatives that we are now using the answering machine to screen calls to avoid the political calls. And, we keep a running tally of calls. Most days it's just 2 or 3, but high days have seen 4 and I know from the 2004 election that number will climb to 6-8 per day as the election nears. I can hardly wait.

Anonymous said...

well, from the neck down, it could've been me. ;)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Now I know where telemarketeers ring from!

lacegem said...

I'm sorry that Agnes is sick. We missed her last night. I hope she feels better by the time you go on your CRUISE! Anyhow, Agnes was right about "Dancing with the Stars" She thinks that this year compared to past years is not as good. I've told you that I gave it up for America's Best Ballroom Dancer on PBS. At least I know that the judging will be fair! America needs to get a brain check & perhaps their vision check as well! It's not rocket science right?

Mike said...

I'm picking the 'promise'.

Melissa B. said...

3 thoughts:

1. I had a Huffing & Puffing encounter of sorts with our insurance company after Hurricane Isabel. Something about wind vs. water damage, or man-made vs. natural disasters. I pitched a hissy fit, and won. Yay for me!
2. I'm sad that people don't read newspapers anymore. Can't get used to the online janx. Sounds like there might be an future post in that frustration...
3. I know that people DO read my Silly Sunday Sweepstakes! Please come by tomorrow and share some Caption Love!