Friday, September 19, 2008

Taking the Easy Way Out

Normally, I would have yet another witty and thought-provoking post for you today. Unfortunately, today I am feeling neither witty nor thoughtful. Today, I am suffering The Cold From Hell, courtesy of my granddaughter (I told you yesterday that it was coming, and it didn't take long).

So...

In order to minimize the horrendous, ear-splitting noise of the keys crashing down on my keyboard, how about we do an extra edition of Cartoon Saturday this week? I'll refund the cost of your subscription if you want. Not.

I've been saving this one for a while; I love it because it's so ... well ... out there:

Another twist on the "Beware of Dog" theme:

Bilbo takes his car to the shop...

There's always 10% who either don't get the word, or get it but don't get it. Get it?



And finally, you know how I feel about organized religions. And insurance companies. Be very afraid when they intersect...

Tomorrow will be Cartoon Saturday, as usual. By Sunday, I should be feeling better and able to do the post I wanted to do today, which ought to spin up some of my readers. To get a preview of Sunday's topic, read this article on the Project Syndicate website.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

3 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Thanks for the chuckles. Hope you are feeling better ASAP

Mike said...

Wait a minute! Your a curmudgeon AND your sick? You should be putting out some of your best stuff right now.

Hale McKay said...

Funny stuff from one who is feeling under the weather.

Get well soon.