Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Periodic Table of Awesoments

I found this absolutely amazing thing this morning courtesy of Miss Cellania - Dapperstache's Periodic Table of Awesoments. You can follow the link to see it in its natural state, or view it below (click on the image to blow it up to a readable size) so you can follow my rambling commentary...


Like the Periodic Table of the Elements, which I studied in high school and then again in college before crashing on the rocks of calculus and switching to Linguistics, Dapperstache's table seeks to establish ranges of characteristics and relationships among the "118 fundamental awesoments that compose all good things."

Now, I might have noted some of the things he either included in (William Shatner, awesoment #55) or omitted from (Feminine Arm Hair) the table, but that's just quibbling over a major contribution to our understanding of the world around us. It explains the reason that such forces of nature as Chuck Norris (awesoment #11), Giant Squids (awesoment #60), and Boobs (awesoment #13) exist and relate to each other. I think I might have ended up a chemist instead of a useless, droning blogger if the periodic table I had to study had been as interesting and useful as this one.

So, anyhow, check out Dapperstache's table and draw your own conclusions about what makes the world an awesome place.

It surely isn't the Olympics, the election season, or Bud Light, after all.

Congratulations to Dapperstache on a great idea, well executed.

Have a good day. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

6 comments:

Amanda said...

What a great discovery. They should have had something like this in school!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

It answers many questions!

KKTSews said...

interesting idea. I'm not familiar with the term Awesoments, but I assume it's a combination of "awesome" and "moments"?

Mike said...

Being an ex chemistry major, I think he should have tried to use the elements a little more closely. I.e. on his chart 99 is Hg. Hg is mercury which is actually element 80. I know I'm being picky, but ..... I don't care if I'm being picky. It's 80, not 99.

Gilahi said...

I too crashed on the rocks of calculus when I was a chemistry major. Fortunately it led me to computer science and in the long run, I believe, I'm doing much better than I would have as a chemist. So calculus is a good thing even if I hate it.

Cool topic. I love the idea.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Are you really sure its not the Bud Light?