Friday, July 18, 2008

Cartoon Sat... uh ... Friday

I won't be posting tomorrow, since Agnes and I will be at the Virginia State DanceSport Championships all day, so I decided to move up this week's Cartoon Saturday to Friday. It'll confuse Mike, but the rest of you should be okay.

We begin with two takes on married life. Those of you who have been there know what I'm talking about...

And...


This is my kind of Human Resources office. If I ever change jobs again, I'm looking for this benefit...

One of our friends has gone through legal and financial hell with an inept, crooked contractor she hired to do some renovation work on her house. We all now know what "caveat emptor" means...

And finally, I sent this one to my daughter a while back...Leya, as a typical toddler, is often more interested in staying awake and getting into trouble than in prosaic things like naps...


Those of you who live in the DC/Maryland/Northern Virginia area and don't have anything else to do tomorrow may want to come to the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Reston and watch the Virginia State DanceSport Championships. Agnes and I will be dancing in the late morning, and I'm trying to round up a cheering section (I need all the help I can get). If you can't come, cross your fingers. I'll let you know on Sunday how it all came out.

Have a good day. More thoughts coming on Sunday.

Bilbo

7 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Wishing you loads of luck!!! Love that last one!

Amanda said...

Good Luck for tomorrow! Maybe you can post another video clip when you get back.

I also like that last cartoon best!

lacochran's evil twin said...

Break a le-- er, wait, that's for theater...Hope you get the trophy!

John A Hill said...

We could trade--I'll dance with your wife and you can herd kids!

Good luck...to both of us!

rimafauzi said...

GOOD LUCK!!! Just know that I'm cheering all the way from here!!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Good luck there!

Mike said...

HEY! What's with the cartoon thing on a Friday!