Saturday, April 19, 2008

Cartoon Saturday

I'm feeling more than usually old and creaky this morning, as our oldest grandchild, Marcy, celebrated her eighth birthday this past Thursday. As a reminder of incipient decrepitude, it doesn't rank up there with having four great-grandchildren (sorry, Dad!), but it works for me. And this afternoon, we will visit with our youngest grandchild, Leya, who will be eight months old tomorrow. I like the symmetry as much as I love the munchkins.

But to avoid overstressing my aging, battered carcass, I'll take the easy, less-intellectually challenging way out for today's post...

Yes, once again it's Cartoon Saturday!

This one is older than you might think...I found it in a letter I sent to my parents when I lived in Berlin back in 1981...


Once you hit a certain age, cartoons like this one get to be a lot funnier. Or not.

Budget cutbacks hit everyone, everywhere, no matter what year. This is a cartoon I cut from a German magazine and mailed home sometime around 1980. The translation inked into the margin is, of course, mine...


"Blondie" is one of my favorite comic strips, and has been for many years. I think Dagwood and I are the same person, just on different levels of the universe...

And finally for today, as much as we may hate our managers, bosses, and human relations staff people, they've got a tough row to hoe...


It's going to be a gorgeous spring day here for a change (on a weekend, I mean). After visiting with Leya, I'll be able to be found out in the garden, loudly exhorting my plants to grow faster. It can't hurt.

Have a great weekend. More thoughts tomorrow.

Bilbo

3 comments:

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Tee hee at Daddy's Home. I love Cartoon Saturdays!

Mike said...

I had that Blondie cartoon cut out and ready to use for a future post! Curses!

craziequeen said...

[rotflmao] at Daddy's Home :-))

I must congratulate you on the suggestion for my curious photo competition - it may warrant telling all sometime soon :-))

cq