Tuesday, October 09, 2007

38 Things (A Meme from La Chanson de Phoenix)

Sue G, over at La Chanson de Phoenix, tagged me with a meme this morning. Normally I don't respond to meme tags, because they can end up being a time sink worse than blogging already is. However, this morning I am sitting at home awash in hives, itching to death and wishing Benadryl cream came in 55 gallon drums.

So...

To take my mind off my temporary (I hope) misery, here is my response to Sue's meme (and oh-by-the-way, why do these things always come in weird numbers?):

1. Name one person who made you laugh last night? Ben, my dance teacher. He was imitating a mistake I made and … well … it was pretty funny.

2. What were you doing at 0800? Waiting for a doctor’s appointment.

3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Driving home from the doctor’s appointment.

4. What happened to you in 2006? My third grandchild (Noah) was born. Among many other things.

5. What was the last thing you said out loud? “Thanks, doctor.”

6. How many beverages did you have today? Three cups of coffee and many glasses of water.

7. What color is your hairbrush? Black, with a red handle. But after I use it, it tends to look much grayer from the accumulated hair.

8. What was the last thing you paid for? The prescription at the doctor’s office.

9. Where were you last night? First, at the dance studio; later, at home.

10. What color is your front door? Brown with inset glass panels.

11. Where do you keep your change? In the cup next to the pencils I'm trying to sell.

12. What’s the weather like today? Very hot and humid.

13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor? Tie: Butter Pecan or Chocolate Mint.

14. What excites you? Besides Agnes? Ballroom dancing.

15. Do you want to cut your hair? I get it cut every two weeks or so, whether it needs it or not, because Regina at the Hair Cuttery gives great scalp massages.

16. Are you over the age of 25? For the last 30 years.

17. Do you talk a lot? It depends on who I’m with and whether I have anything to say.

18. Do you watch the O.C.? No. I don't even know what you're talking about.

19. Do you know anyone named Steven? Several.

20. Do you make up your own words? Of course. What else do you do with a degree in Linguistics?

21. Are you a jealous person? No.

22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’. Andy.

23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’. Katy.

24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? Kaiser Permanente. Not a person, but it was the last received call.

25. What does the last text message you received say? “Meet me baggage claim 7.”

26. Do you chew on your straw? No. I prefer hay.

27. Do you have curly hair? On my head? No.

28. Where’s the next place you’re going to? Back to the doctor’s office tomorrow.

29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? There are no rude people in my life because I don’t let rude people into my life.

30. What was the last thing you ate? A roast beef sandwich at breakfast.

31. Will you get married in the future? Not if Agnes has anything to say about it.

32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks? Premonition, starring Sandra Bullock. It’s the only movie I’ve seen in the past two weeks, but it was still good.

33. Is there anyone you like right now? Not in the gaggle of people running for president.

34. When was the last time you did the dishes? Last night.

35. Are you currently depressed? No. Itchy, yes. Depressed, no.

36. Did you cry today? Only because of having to fork out another co-pay at the doctor's office.

37. Why did you answer and post this? Sue tagged me. Ordinarily I don’t respond to memes unless I find one I like and decide to do it myself; however, since I’m stuck at home waiting for my #@%&* hives to go away, it gives me something to do besides scratch.

38. Tag 5 people who would do this survey. Since I don’t usually respond to tags, I also don’t tag others…however, if any of you want to take a stab at this, go right ahead.

Back to you, Sue.

Bilbo

6 comments:

Sue said...

I giggle at #27

I am in awe of #29. I can't not let my mother-in-law in my life, but that's a whole different story. Sigh.

Sue said...

"can't not" Sorry for that awfulness.. I just didn't know how else to put it. She is a given in my life whether I like it or not. As long as my husband wants a partial relationship with her, we have to make do with her blatant rudeness. There, that sounds better.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

#29 was very true about rude people.

John A Hill said...

Roast beef for breakfast sounds like an excellent choice! I also like butter-pecan as a favorite ice cream and you really can't go wrong with anything chocolate as a runner-up.

John A Hill said...

By the way, hope that you're feeling better and unscarred(is that a word?) from scratching.

Serina Hope said...

I hope that you are recovering quickly. I have to say that the curly hair comment had me rolling. You know I can't resist a meme, so I am probably going to pick this one uop in the next couple of days.