Thursday, March 09, 2006

Well, it's Thursday - one more day and it'll be Friday, which for me means the opportunity to dance.

As you will learn as this blog unfolds, my wife and I enjoy ballroom dancing - Agnes teaches it, so I was pretty much forced to learn ballroom dance many years ago. After all, what does it say about the teacher if her husband can't dance? This, of course, puts a certain amount of pressure on me to dance well, because people look at my skill as a reflection of Agnes' ability to teach. The ugly secret is that she doesn't try to teach me - because when she does, we tend to fight (same principle as the rule about never teaching your spouse to drive, I guess). It seems that I'll take instruction and correction from almost anyone else better than I will take it from Agnes. Go figure.

But be that as it may, every Friday night we dance at the school where Agnes teaches and I take my lessons. The school offers a practice party at which we can spend two hours enjoying each other's company and the chance to dance with other partners. No matter how tired I am at the end of a work week, I get my second wind on the dance floor. And who could possibly object to spending two hours in the company of many beautiful ladies?

My favorite dance? Tango, without question. A dance of snap and fire, with plenty of opportunity to insert your own personality and styling. In second place, Waltz. A beautiful and elegant dance that really gives a man the opportunity to show off his partner.

Oops...time to get ready to go to work. More about dancing (and other topics) in future posts. Stay tuned.

Bilbo

No comments: